"Give yourself the same care and attention that you give to others and watch yourself bloom."
It is so easy to forget to take care of ourselves - but this is such an important part of the grieving process. Here are some tips and reminders on how to make sure that you are being nurtured and loved.
1. Be kind to yourself - Treat yourself the way that you would treat a beloved friend. Give yourself the time you need to grieve.
2. Pay attention to what your body is telling you - If you are feeling any new or worsening physical or mental symptoms, it is important to listen to them and talk to a doctor.
3. Get enough sleep - Be sure that you are trying to get 8 hours of sleep each night.
4. Eat healthy - Give your body some nutrients to be sure that you have the energy you need to do the simple tasks that may seem very hard at this time.
5. Breathe - This may seem like common sense, but sometimes we have to remind ourselves to slow down and just breathe manually. Take deep breaths.
6. Get moving - Remember to take a walk, go back to the gym or even try something new like yoga.
7. Connect - It is okay to make plans with a friend or go visit someone. Just because you leave the house or do something fun does not mean that people will think you are fully healed. You are allowed to enjoy yourself even though you are sad.
8. Express - Know that you can put your feelings out into the world - whether you are confiding in a friend or expressing it through art work.
Challenge yourself to find something that makes you smile and to do it for yourself. Your loved ones would want you to take care of yourself. Don't be afraid to reach out to your friends and family and talk about your feelings.